I will out of town this weekend, but if I were here in NYC, I would attend Laid Off Camp.
- A Free two-day gathering of individuals in a career transition who are looking to gain perspective, discover new passions, or reinvent their careers.
- Educate, empower, and connect entry and mid-level digital media, advertising, publishing, technology, and financial services professionals.
- Panels, sessions, and discussion topics include:
- The art of interviewing, legal and accounting needs of new businesses, alternative working spaces, budgeting for the downturn, building your personal brand, affordable health insurance, implications of accepting a shorter work week, unemployment insurance, and becoming a freelancer.
- You don’t have to unemployed to attend.
Laid Off Camp is FREE. It is Friday and Saturday (May 1-2). RSVP.