Tax Tips For Freelancers

It’s February. By now you should have all your 1099s from your clients. If not, contact them immediately so you can get your taxes done.

First,  look at how much you made. Review the amounts on your 1099s. Then look at how you can deduct expenses to reduce your taxable income.

Freelance Switch has a good list of tax deductions.  Don’t forget that you can deduct income taxes paid in 2007.

Also, there’s  more taxes tips for freelancers on’s blog.

Lastly, check out the IRS’ 1040 Central for news on Earned Income Tax Credit and eFiling.


6 thoughts on “Tax Tips For Freelancers

  1. I can see that you are an skilled at your subject! I am launching a web site quickly, and your information will likely be very helpful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all of the success in your business.

  2. I couldn’t agree more with previous poster. This information will prove invaluable for anyone starting their own online or offline business. Thanks for the additional deductions link at’s blog. Even more saving tips…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s