I have been blogging for nearly four years, and I have used different blogging platforms including Blogger, Typepad and WordPress. I often tell my small business clients that they should blog, and apparently Quickbooks and Typepad agree. The two companies have teamed up to encourage entrepreneurs to blog and they provide a convincing argument. For some who already blog it is more like “preaching to the choir”, but if you are not convinced, then read this reasons below.
Blogging is a simple, low cost solution for staking out a claim on the Internet and connecting to your customers. Best of all, it gets results. More and more companies consider them to be an essential part of their marketing strategy.
- Create an inexpensive online presence. Blogs are a quick, easy and low-cost alternative to a traditional website. They’re especially handy for small business owners who may not have a large budget or technical know-how.
- Generate traffic and drive more sales. Blogs create a strong two-way connection with your customers. You can collect feedback directly from them and stay on top of what they want.
- Distinguish yourself from larger competitors. This more personal online presence helps your company develop a more “human” voice, and forge a stronger connection with customers. It’s powerful way for a small or medium-sized business to stand out in crowed marketplace.
- Build stronger customer relationships. Create a 1:1 dialogue with potential customers. Blogs build a bond with customers by proving that you’re interested in what they have to say.
- Rank high in search engines. Search engines prefer frequently updated, well constructed web pages and content. Frequent updates help ensure that search engines add your content to their search index, allowing more customers to find your business.
- Share your enthusiasm. A blog shouldn’t be used to just sell or push a product. Instead, blogs are an effective way to share your enthusiasm and passion for your business with a broader range of customers.
- Generate buzz. Talk about what’s happening in your business. Promote an upcoming product or trade show. Or use the forum to respond to comments and questions from your readers.
- Test ideas and products. Because blogs encourage conversations, people can easily comment on their experience with your product or service. They can share valuable ideas, and ask questions while allowing you to gather their input as research.
Even better,Typepad is offering a discount to Quickbook users.