If you ever thought to yourself while shopping for products or services, “I could do that”, then you might be a minipreneur. Minipreneurs, according to a very informative trend article on Trendwatching.com, are active consumers who are making money from their creations.
Here are the drivers of this exciting trend:
- Multinationals of one –open-source information available
- Being in control of own’s destiny– independence
- Entrepreneur is chic –The image of a being a mom and pop owner is replaced with chic moms with bakeries or hipster guys with bike shops.
- More experience and less risk–we know what we know because we learn from our jobs
- A need for the unusal– the niche is where it is.
So take advantage of low cost to entry, the available of information, and your passion to build your mini-empire.